Friday, April 11, 2008

American Gothic Mice

Last November, I attended the World Fantasy
Convention in Saratoga, NY; I had a wonderful time there and wanted to bring back a souvenir from the trip. I wanted something different though, (meaning not a tourist trinket) something fun, whimsical and most importantly something American in spirit. Well, after having scoured the city for the perfect souvenir, I wound up finding it at the convention’s art show: American Gothic Mice, an original watercolor by Alan F. Beck. What better souvenir of my trip to the States than a parody of the famous, iconic image of rural America, American Gothic by Grant Wood.





As the painting was part of a silent auction there was no guarantee that I wound win it. Meanwhile my husband was trying to win Draculmouse, also by Alan F. Beck.
Check out this talented artist’s entire work here.








Sadly, my husband lost that auction. But I won mine—yay! Now American Gothic Mice is proudly displayed in my office.







No comments: