Tuesday, August 16, 2011

WWC report

I’m back from When Words Collide. It was a wonderful convention. I loved It! Randy McCharles and his team did an amazing job putting this event together. Bravo, guys!

Here are some of the highlights: Turning History into Fiction with panelists Krista Ball, Ron Freidman, Barb Galler-Smith, Derryl Murphy, Tim Reynolds and Jack Whyte. This was the panel I found the most interesting.


The EDGE party was super fun. Everybody got to wear feather boas and drink giggle juice.

My favorite panel/round table was Writing In English…as a Second Language with Marie Bilodeau, Harold Cardona, Ann Cooney, Ron Freidman, Neil Godbout and me. It was downright cathartic. So much so in fact, we all agreed to do it again next year.

But I think the most amazing moment of the con was when Jake Whyte sang The Hippopotamus Song at the Dead Dog. AWESOME!



The weekend was capped off with a tour of the Royal Tyrell Museum with Robert J. Sawyer as guide. How cool is that! :)





No comments: