Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Working hard or hardly working….

This is one of those weeks where nothing seems to be happening when in fact there is a lot happening. Funny enough, it’s internal and external at the same time. Okay, I’ll explain myself better.

External: one novel is at my agent, being checked before resubmission, while another one is being shipped to beta-readers/critics.

Internal: First, I’m sketching a major rewrite of one of my novel. It’s going well. I’ve figured out most of the changes. I think I’ll have to add at least two chapters to the manuscript though. Second, I’m plotting a new story. Right now, it’s still all in my head, floating about. Imagine a giant Rubik’s cube with different scenes all around it instead of colored squares. Once I have enough scenes figured out (I don’t need to fill the entire cube, but I absolutely need the beginning and the end.) then I can solve the puzzle and write my outline. Sounds weird, but it works for me. ;-)

No comments: