Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The 411

Because this is a new blog, I thought I should start by introducing myself. So here's a little bit of info about moi.

As you already known, my name is Nathalie Mallet and I am a writer. And for those who are wondering how to pronounce my name, the H in Nathalie is silent, and Mallet is pronounced like ballet, the dance, but with an M.

I was born and raised in a French-Canadian costal town in New Brunswick, thus English is my second language. Although nothing in my background--I used to work in business management--predestined me to writing, I've always had a deep-rooted passion for literature, and I always dreamed of being a writer and spent my youth with a book in front of my face. I believe I owe this passion to my father. He was constantly reading, so I grew up surrounded by books. When later, I began buying my own books, my father would snatch them up before I had the chance to read them. If I was lucky, I would find the books hidden somewhere, with their pages all dog-eared. Otherwise, the books were returned to me a few days later accompanied with a complete review of the plot and critique of the prose. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed those conversations, I couldn't help wishing that they would take place after I had read the books.

However, it was only once my husband and I moved to British Columbia that I was able to quit my day job and write full-time.

Tomorrow I will tell you the story surrounding the birth of my first "Published" novel, The Princes of the Golden Cage.

No comments: