Thursday, March 5, 2009

Movie Mania

I love movies. And I must say that this year’s crop looks promising. Already, there are several movies coming out which I’m itching to go see. The first on my list is Watchmen, first because--I’m seeing it this weekend. But if I was to list the three movies I’m most looking forward to see this year, it would read this way: Sherlock Holmes, Watchmen, and Akira.


Sherlock Holmes is my number one choice for many reasons. First, he’s my favourite fictional character. Second, Robert Downey, Jr. plays Holmes and Jude Law Dr. Watson.



And lastly, the nephew of a dear friend of mine has a part in it. His name is Robert Maillet. His name may not ring a bell to you, but I'm sure you remember him from the role he played in the movie 300. He was the chained giant. Yeah, this fearsome-looking dude. Robert has spoken lines in Sherlock Holmes…in 300 he only grunted and roared.


The other movies I also would like to see are: Star Trek, Harry Potter 6, Terminator 4, Wolfman, 2012, and Monsters vs. Aliens…hey, that one looks fun.

2 comments:

Kailana said...

I think I will probably end up seeing Star Trek for sure. Otherwise, it is really hard to say! I am the worst about saying I really want to see movies and then never making it to the theatres to see them!

Nathalie Mallet said...

Hi, Kailana,

I don’t go to the cinema every week, but I go often enough. I’m particularly fond of matinees. My husband on the other hand has to be dragged there. He prefers watching movies in the comfort of our home. I lack the patience to wait for the DVD to come out.

The new Star Trek looks really good. I’m thrilled they chose Zachary Quinto, the villain Sylar in Heroes, to play young Spock—awesome casting!