Monday, July 27, 2009

Fantasy Debut Review

Tia Nevitt of Fantasy Debut really enjoyed The King’s Daughters and has given it a glowing review, so much so that I am posting two excerpts.

First excerpt: “Sometimes, when I read a book, it exceeds all my expectations. Nathalie Mallet achieved this with The King's Daughters. I enjoyed the ending so much that most of my nitpicky complaints that I had about it before that point have faded from my consciousness. Which is just the way it's supposed to be.”

Second excerpt: “As Ms. Mallet did with her first novel, she brings all the various plot threads together brilliantly. I can't think of anything left unexplained, except some new tidbits that she came up with toward the end for subsequent books. I recall in Princes that she did this almost to a fault. Here, it was just about perfect. She also brings in some Russian mythology and folklore into the story--some really strange stuff--weaves it brilliantly into the story.”

But don’t take my word for it, read the entire review here.

No comments: