Sunday, September 11, 2011

Getting ready to take the plunge

Okay, that’s it, no more delay! Tomorrow I will begin uploading THE DIGGING CREW on CreateSpace, Kindle and Smashwords. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I’ve been wanting to re-release this book--originally published by LTDBooks in 2005--for a while, but kept postponing it. Probably because THE DIGGING CREW is the first book I wrote and was meant more as an exercise than anything else. The fact that it did get published was an exciting surprise, considering that this book is every marketing department’s biggest nightmare. It’s a YA science-fiction action-adventure chick-lit story set in a prison-mine with no romance…. Oh yeah, and all the characters in the book are guilty; there are no innocent in that prison. Darn, what was I thinking? :/ I love it though. It’s fun! It’s fast! It’s suspenseful! It has kiss-ass characters! (No kidding, some asses will be “literally” kicked in this book.) These women don’t need to be saved. They are saving themselves. Of course, being a first novel, THE DIGGING CREW has the flaws of its qualities…and I’m sure a lot of people will tell me what they are. Well, I’ve put my armor on, and I’m looking forward to it. In the meantime, feast your eyes on the striking cover artist Michelle Milburn did for it.




Most YA book covers are dark, so, of course, we went with white. ;)


No comments: