Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The right question

As most of you know, I’ve been struggling with a plot lately. Actually, it’s the synopsis for the second books in the Core-Born series, which my agent is currently shopping around. Fingers crossed! I couldn’t figure out the beginning…until one morning it came to me while I was eating breakfast with my husband. Like a skeleton key, that opening scenes unlocked everything. As a result, now I have the storylines for book two, three and four. I’m very excited about this. I really don’t like being stuck. Okay, I hate it! Having a clear direction to follow is a relief to me. All thanks to the right question. In this case it was: At the end of book one, what is Jessie still afraid of? As you may have guessed, Jessie is my protagonist. The answer: Going into her locker to pick up packages. Bingo! =)

No comments: